Who will be the 503rd ?

We think Yuvraj.

Bowled off a doosra, after completely missing it going for a flamboyant cover drive over the top.

What do you reckon ?

14 Comments

1. Posted January 28, 2009 at 9:42 am | Permalink

Ooh thats a tough one, considering I don’t know and can’t find who they’ll be playing ODIs against after this series.

2. Posted January 28, 2009 at 11:22 am | Permalink

I don’t think that Splendid will leave Yuvi for Murali… :D

3. Vivek
    Posted January 28, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

MSD ..will be either caught behind or LBW of a doosra

4. Posted January 28, 2009 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Gambhir….

5. Posted January 28, 2009 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

the way he is bowling of late i think it will be a tailender… ;-)

6. Posted January 28, 2009 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

hiya,
    I would be more curious to know who he himself would like to be the 503rd.

7. insideEdge
    Posted January 28, 2009 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

My luck that the only bit of the match I could watch was the Mahela Go-Slow Play.

A radical suggestion:

Thilan Samaraweera to replace Mahela in the ODI team for the rest of the series AND captain the team. Now that he has upped his test SR and is in great form we could live with the guy having early 70s SR in ODI.

8. Posted January 28, 2009 at 10:47 pm | Permalink

wow a delight ful suggestion, Big M got YS but not as 503rd…

And Big M’s Chennai Super King skipper MS got him for quite a few runs :)

and BAW Wow mendis didnt get a single wkt :)

first time in his career ? or is it a sign of things to come ?

NOM :)

9. insideEdge
    Posted January 28, 2009 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

The recent wickets haven’t helped Mendis too much and his length has been inconsistent.

I think he needs to settle on a stock ball and use it maybe 4 times an over and try the variations more selectively. It’s not helping his length that he is trying so many different balls.

10. Ceci
    Posted January 29, 2009 at 4:41 am | Permalink

Have a gloomy feeling Damith that Splendid Mendis is becoming Mediocre Mendis. Say it isn’t so.

11. damiths
    Posted January 29, 2009 at 9:28 am | Permalink

atcc> Watch out for the 503 when SL storm back into the series.

Sach> Splendid is a kind hearted man, you may be right.

Vivek> The MSD wont get out, it is written.

Sri> A good prediction, Ghambir will be a worthy 503.

SP> He is bowling better than Splendid Mendis right now. So it could be anyone.

China> How fitting would it be if its Tendulkar , highest run scorer v highest wicket taker.

inside> Man I was just thinking the same thing during the match yday, Unfortunately Mahela wont be the one to be dropped if he comes in.

sam> SL loves the come from behind win, We will do to India what we did to Pakistan, but better.

inside>Agreed again, I think its a case of trying too hard atm. Someone needs to tell him to settle down to bowling one ball and then try to deceive with variation. I wrote a long rant about it a while ago.

Ceci> Perish the thought, a 6fer is around the corner !

12. Posted January 29, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

Damith and Friends, this post+comments are up at BCC! for some more subcontinental love.

13. Posted February 3, 2009 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Wow that was very nearly an excellent call… Yuvraj is 502 though!

14. Posted February 10, 2010 at 7:20 am | Permalink

I honestly liked reading your post!. High standard written content. I might advise you to write articles more frequently. By doing this, with such type of a valuable site I believe you will certainly rank better in the search engines :) . I subscribed for your Rss. Carry on the good work!