Sex scandal to be fully investigated vs Let’s not be too hasty

Point

Sexual misconduct in the workplace will not be tolerated and will be fully investigated

By a Sri Lanka Cricket spokesperson

SLC takes the allegations of its employees engaging in sexual acts on its premises very seriously. We are already in the process of putting together several committees and sub committees to support said committees to arrive at the “root” of the issue. The disciplinary committee will then punish all those who they deem to have been bad.

We would first like to thank the security guard, who with his timely and diligent work, brought this to our attention. Although we are yet to secure the number of backups he has made of all the photos he had taken of the couple in question, in the act he described as bliss for his eyes, we expect this to be completed in the coming days. The man, a forty year old virgin from Piliyandala, had been mesmerised by the couple upon stumbling onto them. The board has offered to pay for his counselling and also his sister’s daughter’s university education, in the hopes the man will find some comfort in this traumatic time.

Vaginal intercourse, fellatio, commonly known as blow jobs, or even hand jobs, particularly in a work environment, is no laughing matter. It reeks of a deliberate misuse of office property, not to mention the thousands of rupees of damages caused to the certain parts of the carpeting in our offices. Now, more than ever, our message is clear, if you wish to engage in vile acts of depravity please do so on your own property or at least use the 4th floor as access to that level is passcode restricted.

You would hope, that after a President of the United States was impeached due to engaging in lewd acts in the workplace, that people would realise that no one is safe. Along with the advancement of CCTV technology and the prying eyes of night-shift security guards prowling the office premises, it would be prudent to assume that if you get your pants below the acceptable level mentioned in your office policy, you will get caught out. Yet people continue to try and defy the odds and unsurprisingly have failed once again. Our investigation will take as much time as needed.There will be no premature conclusions made, no stone left unturned and once we know what our position is we will thrust forward into swift action. Be warned

Counterpoint

Let’s not be too hasty

Also, by a (the same) Sri Lanka Cricket spokesperson, a few days later…

SLC isn’t some sort of gossip mongering institution, we are a respectable organisation on the cutting edge of sports management in a country. Everyone is entitled to making a mistake or two. Ok, yes, it went on for over five months. But once you get into bad habits its hard to break out of them. Just ask Tiger Woods. Ok, maybe that’s not the most appropriate comparison, but you get the point.

What is sex really but an act of nature between two passionate beings. Are we to really probe and conduct an inquisition into the private affairs of two people, who from all accounts, are two lovely people. I think we attach too much importance to sex these days anyway. I don’t think the people in question wanted to cause any trouble at all. I think it’s just a case of them getting caught up in the moment. It was the poet Robert Kelly, who captured this side of human nature best, when he wrote “My mind’s telling me no, But my body, my body’s telling me yes”.

Profound words I’m sure you will agree.

In all fairness, all this has come up at a very bad time for the cricket board. We are quite busy with a lot of other things just at the moment. The board also feels that it must protect the interest of the girl in question. What about her reputation? Her future? We must not act so callously. It’s increasingly difficult to find good men in Colombo. What if this was your daughter hmm?

Some people have accused the board of bottlenecking the investigation because some board members have also been involved with the same girl in question. Absurd. Where would I, I mean they, have even had the time. As I stated before, the board has been getting busy, been busy, the board has BEEN busy..

No further questions please. Oh, this was just a statement. Right, carry on.

10 Comments

1. Posted March 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Amazing blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own site soon but I’m a little
    lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid
    option? There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused .. Any suggestions? Kudos!
    Read Girls 20 inch Mountain bike with Gears’s most recent blogspost … Girls 20 inch Mountain bike with GearsMy Profile

2. Posted January 28, 2014 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on.

Any suggestions?
    Read http://Www.blogster.com‘s most recent blogspost … http://Www.blogster.comMy Profile

3. Posted February 2, 2014 at 2:17 am | Permalink

I visit daily some websites and blogs to read posts, however this web site offers feature based posts.
    Read Charli’s most recent blogspost … CharliMy Profile

4. Posted February 27, 2014 at 9:42 pm | Permalink

Hey there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized
    it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking
    back often!
    Read Age of Warring Empire Hack’s most recent blogspost … Age of Warring Empire HackMy Profile

5. Posted March 16, 2014 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

Superb website you have heere but I was wondering if you knew of any
    discussion boards that cover thee same topics talked about here?
    I’d really love to be a part of online community where I can get suggestions
    from other knowledgeable people tha share the same
    interest. If youu have any suggestions, please
    let me know. Bless you!
    Read pinterest home decoration’s most recent blogspost … pinterest home decorationMy Profile

6. Johnk491
    Posted April 29, 2014 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

Wow! This could be one particular of the most useful blogs We’ve ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Excellent. I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your hard work. addaaedbdfag

7. Posted May 26, 2014 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

You can get precise and quick support from an experienced organization that
    provides online printing services. When Digital printing is a process for reproducing text and images with ink on paper you could find your local
    press inked up in red on Mondays, and you’d get it finished on Monday.
    Read Sharron’s most recent blogspost … SharronMy Profile

8. Posted June 17, 2014 at 9:26 am | Permalink

Hoteluri Praid

Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.
    Is it very hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things
    out pretty quick. I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not
    sure where to start. Do you have any tips or suggestions?
    Appreciate it
    Read Pensiuni Cazanele Dunarii’s most recent blogspost … Pensiuni Cazanele DunariiMy Profile

9. Posted July 28, 2014 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

It’s difficult to find educated people in this particular subject, but you seem like you know what you’re talking about! ThanksIndia vs England 3rd Test Highlights Part 1
    India vs England 3rd Test Highlights Part 2
    India vs England 3rd Test Highlights
    India vs England 3rd Test Cricket Highlights
    India vs England 3rd Test Live streaming

10. Posted July 28, 2014 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

When I initially commented I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the exact same comment. Is there an easy method you are able to remove me from that service? Thanks a lot!

One Trackback

1. By new home on June 27, 2014 at 8:17 am

new home…

Sex scandal to be fully investigated vs Let’s not be too hasty | The Flyslip…